In their 2020 legal services industry pulse check “The Law Firm Reimagined”, Macquarie Business Banking published the results of a 2019 survey involving 351 law firms in Australia. Their paper considers underlying structural challenges in the sector, “democratisation and commoditisation in legal services, driven by multiple, converging trends – from firms with a genesis in technology (New Law), to legal process outsourcing (LPO) and the rise of the in-house counsel.”
These trends represents business investments to increase competitiveness and drive growth. They also represent opportunities for valued legal advice.
– Substantial new and existing client revenue growth opportunities as clients navigate difficult business conditions and pursue opportunities for their businesses
– Enabling professional staff to retain and strengthen their connections with key clients and prospects
– Differentiation of the firm and its capabilities
– Potential opportunities to reshape current business practices for greater efficiency and effectiveness for both the firm and its clients, including increased productivity through technology
– Understanding a client’s business objectives and the issues, challenges and opportunities to achieve success
– The need to attract, engage and retain high performing talent
– The need for more senior client and prospect relationships to deliver value to business owners and the C-Suite
– The ability to engage with senior executives and business owners
– Superior internal communications, management and leadership
– Implementation of technology to create more efficiency and productivity
– The confidence and capacity for lawyers to change and succeed – individually, as a team and across the firm
The ultimate objective of our Partner Ready program is the consistent delivery of high quality partners who are equipped to lead and grow the firm and its brand.
We target three levels in the firm: Graduate Lawyer, Associate and Senior Associate and deliver a personal development pathway relative to their position to achieve confidence and enthusiasm to grow as client facing business partners and leaders and contribute to the firm’s success.
We will work with you to establish organisational need relevant to your business objectives.
Developmental needs are established for the relevant roles and responsibilities of the professional staff, commencing with an individual assessment which can be based on a DISC tool or a more advanced Profiles International assessment.
Existing information and performance data are reviewed and current management systems understood to enable the best combination of coaching and training to be established.
Our Partner Ready program illustrated below blends business development, communication, presentation skills and leadership capabilities and can be delivered in one to three day programs or over a number of weeks, in person or live online. An example of a partner ready professional development journey is shown below, one for each of the professional levels of Graduate, Associate and Senior Associate.
A personal development plan, aligned to the firm’s needs, objectives and financial results is agreed for every individual with coaching provided to the person or their manager for sustained results and return on investment.